Life is flying by here.
Days are good when I don't sit at the computer.
However, I miss sitting at the computer, recording our moments.
We've had a lot.
Since I should be washing dishes instead, I'll keep this short (aka. no pictures).
Washed them. And now it's late... so still no pictures.
- As I was carrying L upstairs last night to bed I said, "You are so cute I could eat you up!"
Her response, "Mom, I'm not chicken, I'm Eedia! Just Eedia!"
- We are on a barometer kick here. We've made 3 different versions, complete with a chart here on my website- on the "About" page.
- Playing lots of board games right now. They just a got Parcheesi and checkers. Their attention span is about 10min max. E and I did finish Chutes and Ladders the other day. Tried playing War with E and L. It went pretty well.
- Got an early jump on spring cleaning/purging. When the weather warmed up I went through closets/toys again. The back of the van is full. It's such a constant- toys/clothes/stuff coming in- that I have to be intentional about it going back out or we'll be swamped!
- Started watching our neighbor- Baby H. Those mornings have gone relatively well. A learning curve how to manage 4 kids- all very needy in some way. But I'm finding the rhythm in it. And I've found those days I need a nap for sure. :)
- D helped me out with my indoor garden. It's isn't a garden yet, but the lamp is hung, the kitchen counter space cleared and prepped. Now for dirt, containers and which seeds I'm going to test out. The plan right now is to test a bunch of seeds I was given by my dear friend Elizabeth. And if this does work... I'm going to try growing lettuce in the winter. Try. :)
- I like this house 80% of the time. One of the things I really like is when we bought it, it came with lots of random stuff. Plenty of garbage, yet lots of useful random stuff. That is good for us. We are random. We like to create and experiment a lot of around here. And this house, full of random stuff, has assisted us in our endeavors numerous times. Like the lamp and mini-garden platform. Most of the key pieces used were gathered from around the house.
- Miss E is teething. Oh those molars! But she is the most pleasant teether. Her way of dealing with it... nursing and swinging. Other than her pink cheeks, rashy bum, and drool bubbles- I wouldn't know she was teething. :)
- This is getting to be a long winter for E. He needs to be outside more-running, being wild and crazy. But it just isn't pleasant. He and L have taken a few trips to Mexico, Texas and California on their couch train.
- Miss E likes her feet rubbed. D discovered that the other night. She was cuddling with him and kept whining and putting her feet up. She quieted down once he started rubbing her feet.
Ok, well that's all my tired brain can think of right now. Until next time...
return to top